We are looking for applicants to fill the following roles:
A graduate engineer based at our head office location at Ditchling Common Business Park close to Burgess Hill.
A graduate engineer based at our northern office location in east Manchester.
The position is mainly site based requiring attendance at ground investigation sites primarily located within around 100 miles radius of our respective offices. Some office working will be required. In general site works for individual sites are limited to a single shift (period of a day), but successive shifts at individual sites are required for larger projects.
Specifically for the applicants for the role based at our Manchester office, there will be a requirement to attend training sessions at our head office based in Sussex from time to time.
The following is a list of non-exclusive core activities of the role.
• Supervise and assist with site work (logging boreholes, excavating trial pits, undertaking in-situ testing, sampling, logging etc.) in accordance with instructions and training.
• Drafting reports/estimates/invoices under supervision.
• Liaise with clients, sub-contractors and plant hire companies.
• Assist with site data processing.
• Scheduling of laboratory testing.
• Undertake engineering/statistical calculations under supervision.
This is a full-time permanent position. 40hr week; Monday to Friday.
28 Days holiday including bank holidays.
To be negotiated.
General proficiency in computers: computer file management, use of word-processing and spreadsheet software. Previous experience of ground investigation work and soil / rock logging would be beneficial but not essential.
Good organisational, time keeping and team working skills, attention to detail as well as a determination to see specific allocated tasks completed efficiently to the best of the individual’s ability are essential attributes. The role involves mainly outdoor working (in all weather) and a demonstrable liking for outdoor activities is preferred.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org