We are currently looking to recruit a drilling technician to join our site works team. The role will suite someone who enjoys working outdoors and is not adverse to early starts.
The principal duties of the role will be:
- Undertaking field work e.g. operating dynamic sampler rig, excavating hand dug pits/hand auger boreholes etc.
- Undertaking in-situ geotechnical testing.
- Take direction from engineer/consultant either in the field, or from the office by phone, to ensure all requirements and project brief are met.
- Producing good quality site logs and adequately annotated site plans when working without engineer supervision.
- Undertaking gas and groundwater level monitoring.
- Undertaking groundwater sampling.
- Check and maintain vehicles and equipment in line with operating procedures.
Experience in the site investigation industry, and in particular in the use of dynamic samplers or other drilling equipment, would be advantageous but is not essential.
Ability to undertake soil and rock logging to UK/Eurocode standards would also be advantageous.
A full UK driving licence with at least category BE is required.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a cover email.
Ashdown Site Investigation Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.